So, yesterday was a lazy day for me for sure. After going through gruesome workouts for the last four days, I treated myself to a day off. I had my best friend over, and we decided to begin watching Big Little Lies. Little did we know, we could watch the whole series in one sitting, and let me tell you, that was the best seven hours of my life. Here is five reasons why.
- The casting is phenomenal. One show with Reese Witherspoon, Nicole Kidman, and Shailene Woodley? Sign me up!
2. The entire first season is based around a murder, and who doesn’t love a good juicy mystery like that?
3. Reese Witherspoon’s character Madeline is one feisty and spunky woman with possibly some of the best one-liners I’ve heard in a while.
4. Madeline’s daughter is just as sassy as her mother, and I loved every bit of it.
5. The last episode, although it ties up all the loose ends, it will still leave you wanting more.
This series is seriously a must watch. There is only one season with seven episodes, so it isn’t too intimidating to start. Let me know how you guys felt about the series, your likes, dislikes, any thoughts. From what I hear, they are working on writing a season 2 but nothing is set in stone. I’m excited to see what the future holds for the incredible TV show on HBO.